Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Overconfidence

I'm posting my response to an email from a fellow Phillies fan. BTW, he called me a nattering nabob of negativism (way to pull an Agnew):

I'm seeing WAY too much overconfidence for my taste.

All of these stories about how the past is gone and they've achieved so much. I mean, come on, people, they won ONE playoff series. Big deal. If they get swept by the Dodgers, is ANYONE going to think that's good enough? I won't, and I don't think many fans will either. This city and team is starting to look a lot like the Chicago Cubs did one week ago.

Howard, Utley, Feliz, and Ruiz (i.e., half our starting 8!) still aren't hitting. The bullpen, which had been a rock all season, has suddenly become questionable, and we're relying on Joe Blanton (Joe Blanton!) to be our savior. Sorry, but as much as I'd love to agree with this line, I have to say that the smart money is on the Dodgers right now. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid I'm right.

I just want the next two days to hurry up and finish because I don't think my nerves can take much more of this.

No comments: