Monday, October 6, 2008

Dodger Blue Up Next

Well, we got lucky. The Phillies continue on.

I'm worried about the offense. Burrell finally came out of his slump on Sunday. And normally, I'd think he's going to go on a hot streak (being an incredibly streaky player), but with 3 days off, it would take a miracle for Burrell to "continue" a hot streak. In fact, I think any realist would have to describe any success Burrell might have on Thursday and Friday as beginning a new hot streak, not continuing his existing one.

And with the way Chase and Howard have performed so far this off-season, I'm not exactly sanguine about our performance against the Blue.

Let's just say that as much as I love Victorino and Werth (both spent some time on my fantasy baseball team this year), I can't imagine that they're going to be able to carry us to a parade down Broad Street.

And that's what I want.

In addition, I really disliked all of the media coverage today. It was as if the Phillies had done something. They didn't. They beat the Brewers in the first stage of the playoffs.

I care about a World Series WIN, not just an appearance. So, let's quit acting as if we've done something and get back to work.

No comments: